- Our Organic Inulin is sourced from Jerusalem Artichoke, known to be high in potassium, iron, essential amino acids and protein.2 Organic Inulin is soluble so it dissolves in the stomach and forms a gelatinous substance that helps slow digestion to allow better nutrient absorption and a slow release of sugar. This slower digestion promotes healthy blood sugar levels. Organic Inulin aids digestion by helping to increase good bacteria in the gut and stimulating the immune system.3
- Organic Rhodiola rosea has been used in China and Siberia for thousands of years to help soothe, calm and relax people who are stressed, depressed or fatigued. Research shows it to have a positive effect on cognitive health, including boosting memory and concentration.4 Research also shows this adaptogen helps speed up fat-burning cells when combined with exercise. 5
- Organic Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, and is effective against nausea and exercise-induced muscle discomforts. It helps empty the stomach more quickly, which benefits people with indigestion and related issues. There is some evidence that organic Ginger enhances working memory and reaction time, helps inhibit the growth of bad oral bacteria and helps reduce LDL cholesterol and blood triglyceride levels.6
- More than 600 health benefits are attributed to Organic Turmeric, but in Lactoferrin 2.0, it works synergistically as a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. It helps promote brain health as well as supporting the G.I. system.
Product DescriptionLactoferrin is a protein whose main biological function is to bind and transport iron, an essential mineral that helps hemoglobin carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Lactose-free, gluten-free and GMO-free, our formula provides a superior delivery system to support better utilization and balance of iron in the body.* Lactoferrin 2.0 also supports the G.I. Tract. Iron deficiency can result in anemia, fatigue and poor circulation, as well as many other physical discomforts. Lactoferrin 2.0 is naturally iron-binding, which studies have shown to have a positive effect on iron absorption, blood iron levels and digestive issues.* Our formulation also contains organic Inulin, organic Ginger, organic Turmeric and organic Rhodiola, a combination that works together with Lactoferrin to produce antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory properties that support overall health.*
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Binds and transports iron
• Superior delivery system
• Promotes good gut bacteria*
• Enriches red blood cells*
• Helps transport oxygen*
• Antioxidant effects*
• Anti-inflammatory properties*
• Overall health
- To learn more about Lactoferrin, go to www.nikken.com/jsj and check on the nutrition products under "Shop Now".
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Have You Heard of the Brain-Gut Connection? This is worth you time to read about and form your opinion.
The brain-gut connection is a big deal. It is revolutionizing the way doctors and scientists approach digestion, mood, health and the way we think. One way to understand it is to picture a “brain in the gut,” which is actually known as the enteric nervous system (ENS). It’s composed of more than 100 million nerve cells that line the G.I. tract running from the esophagus to the rectum.
Internationally renowned ENS specialist Dr. Jay Pasricha says, “The enteric nervous system doesn’t seem capable of thought as we know it, but it communicates back and forth with our big brain with profound results. Its main role is controlling digestion, from swallowing to the release of enzymes that break down food to the control of blood flow that helps with nutrient absorption to elimination. For decades, researchers and doctors thought that anxiety and depression contributed to gut problems, but our studies and others show that it may also be the other way around.”1
In keeping up with the latest scientific developments, Nikken has launched Kenzen Lacoferrin 2.0 as an integral component of Active Wellness. The lactoferrin in the formulation addresses the body’s need for iron to help hemoglobin carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. But Lactoferrin 2.0 takes the formulation up to a superior level with four organic ingredients that work to support the G.I. tract and mental health, which addresses the important brain-gut connection. Here’s how: