Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Shingles, and Lymphedema are challenging my friend's life



This testimony is posted by a close friend who, by trade, is a rocket scientist.  In his 70's he has had a full and challenging life making our world a better place.  With his health challenges he posts this testimony to try to help others who may be suffering as he as been.   He is trained to doubt and to research which makes this even more powerful for you.  


By Bill Sturtz, September 14, 2012

I reluctantly have taken it upon myself to report on the most singular of occurrences in my long and occurrence filled life. I have been introduced to a form of healing by my good friend John St. John, which until two weeks ago I would have relegated to a status somewhere above quackery and just flirting with unintentional fraud. To be sure, my affectionate nickname for John previously was “the Snake Oil Peddler”.

Please notice the use of the past tense, because Brother John has made a Believer out of me.  I have had a particularly tough year, what with diabetes and a long term affliction of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia complicating my medical treatment. I had In May of 2012, developed an infection in my right big toe, which was treated with what seemed like every antibiotic known to the Medical Profession. Three weeks later I was back in the hospital with a case of Shingles in my left eyeball. Justified or not, I intuitively feel that the onset of the Shingles was precipitated by the overuse of antibiotics which destroyed my immune system during the toe infection.
There is nothing like the pain from Shingles, particularly in the eye. There are 4 distinct modes of suffering: the skin of the skull which becomes super sensitive to touch, the sores which develop along the route of the Tri Geminal nerve on the eyebrow and fore head, the inflammation of the soft tissue surrounding the eye socket and what feels like an  ice pick stuck straight into your eye. These are the everyday occurrences.  But wait!!  There’s more!! It’s the Big Kahuna of pain.  The most incredible pain I have ever endured lasted only about 12 seconds, but it took an hour to recover from it. There is a condition known as Tri Geminal Neuralgia in which every nerve ending, axon and synapse all fire off at the highest level and at the same time. When this happened to me it was totally unexpected and I fell to the floor, unable to scream or even move. My wife and our friend Jackie remained with me until I recovered. I had three such episodes during my stay.

In case you are not familiar with Shingles, let me characterize it as a most hideous and debilitating disease. If you have ever had “Chicken Pox” you should be aware that it never goes away. Instead, it hides in the nerves of your spinal column, just waiting for an opportunistic chance during a period of weakened immunity or high stress, to emerge once more as the “Shingles”.  I had always thought that I had a relatively high tolerance for pain, but I was wrong – Shingles literally brought me to my knees. I won’t go into all of my trials during the initial critical 2 month period, but I did spend half of that time at the MD Anderson Cancer Center Hospital in Houston. Those wonderful caring people provided me with exceptionally thorough and comprehensive care.  I cannot thank them enough.

I was released from the hospital on 7/13/12, although I continue to receive care through day appointments with the several involved departments including Leukemia, Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology and the Pain Management Clinic. This latest includes peeing in a bottle which they send off to the Mayo Clinic and a session with the MDA Pain Management resident shrink.

During my stay and immediately after my release I was saturated with 5 different opiate class drugs simultaneously. To wit: Fentanyl 75 mg Pain Patch, Dilaudid, commonly called Dillies and very powerful (Hydromorphone 40 mg pill PRN or whenever I feel like it) – These last two substances are really bad news and very popular with the druggies.  Then there is the minor stuff: Lyrica 100 mg X3, Nortriptyline 25 mg cap and lastly Lidoderm a locally applied pain patch. It is no wonder that they are having me see a shrink, but thanks to my aversion to becoming addicted and the watchful eye of my dear sweet wife, I have emerged from that drug induced fog, hopefully none the worse for wear.   Also, as a result of being off my feet and in a recumbent position for three months we now must add the Lymphedema folks to the mix of Clinics I am scheduled to attend. Lymphedema is a condition of localized fluid retention and tissue swelling caused by a compromised lymphatic system and therein lies our tale for this week.

Now that you know what is worrying me, let us bring Brother John into the picture. On Sunday September 2, 2012 my wife Gerry had some business with Kathy, John’s wife, and I went along for the ride. John was aware of my conditions and naturally made proper inquiry thereof. Upon hearing my tale of woe he disappeared and emerged quickly with a device I have since dubbed “The Magic Egg”. It was actually a Nikken® Bi-Axial PowerMag™ which John promptly placed on my legs that were crossed at the ankles. We continued our rambling conversation until the girls were finished their work and joined us. The PowerMag had been working continuously and my wife was absolutely astounded at what she saw.

My legs (primarily the right) had been swollen to the point of bursting and yellowish fluid (lymph?) was weeping out of several angry looking purplish yellow bruised areas. My dermis was hard, taut and inelastic with a general pimply redness extending from the bottom of my foot to near my right knee.

I had been under Brother John’s kind ministrations for a little less than 2 hours and my legs had undergone a near miraculous transformation. Firstly, the swelling had gone down to where I could slide my pants leg over the calf. Secondly, my skin was much more supple and elastic. Thirdly, the purple reddened area had become more pinkish and had shrunk to about half the original size. Fourthly, my wife had a near divine communication while watching an angry purple spot on the right side of my calf (I could not see this without a mirror). At the time she arrived she observed a lighter spot about the size of a pea within the purple. Over the next half hour this spot expanded into a white area in the middle of the corruption to roughly the size of a silver dollar. The next morning there was the inevitable relapse after the Egg was removed, however, that area is now a more healthy pinkish red and it continues to shrink and improve.
How the ‘Egg” was able to produce these results while we were watching, is way beyond me. I do know that I no longer have that very painful rush of blood and fluids to my legs in the morning.

Please understand that I am a confirmed skeptic and I place no credibility on most non-traditional medicine. I must admit that Brother John made no claims whatsoever– Just try it and see what happens.  Well it happened and I am convinced. Praise the Lord.

This is only the first installment of my personal experiences with Nikken products. Brother John has since introduced me to PiMag Water, EQL inserts, CM Cream and some really nasty tasting grass stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment