Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hope for those suffering from anxiety.

Anxiety Disorders (updated 5-10-10)
(These testimonials are not endorsed by Nikken. They are from people like you and me. We make NO MEDICAL CLAIMS -- and we do not claim to heal or cure)

Anxiety:   A painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind over an impending or anticipated ill.

From: bpgreen@telusplanet.net
I have been a police officer in Australia for around 13 years and during that time I have nearly been killed on numerous occasions. That, coupled with the unnatural high risk, traumatic situations we often find ourselves in, resulted in my being diagnosed and treated, in 1997, for the same traumatic stress related illnesses some war veterans get after battle, or near death encounters. The psych I saw dealt with my problem by prescribing various anti-depressant drugs, each with over twenty unpleasant side effects, which I could literally mark off as they came.

When my condition stopped improving the answer was, move to a different drug new to the market, or take more of what I was on.  Although some form of medication was necessary in the beginning to help stop the spiral out of control, I ended up taking 1,200 milligrams of a very powerful drug, daily, just to function and get up in the morning. It felt like I was floating two feet off the ground. In reality, I felt 'higher' than some criminals I had arrested for drug offenses, although my drugs were "legal". In addition to this I had recurring nightmares every night, without fail, to such an extent I was afraid to go to sleep. Chronic insomnia was the diagnosis and again, this was dealt with using sleeping drugs. I tried two strengths, both of which failed to get me to sleep. The third one actually gave me around 3 - 4 hours sleep and although that was dream free, I rapidly became totally dependent on those sleeping tablets. I was out of control, continually tired with no energy, angry, confused, and a very unpleasant person to be around.

This condition took a huge toll on my marriage, family, and our finances, given the fact that in the beginning, after diagnosis, I drank at least one bottle of spirits per day for 91 days, to try and deal with what was happening inside me. The Doctors called it "self medication". The police service sent me to a further five medical health professionals and each one assessed and treated me the same way, recommending massive doses of prescription drugs. After several years of this, in November of 1999 my wife gave me an ultimatum, come to see a counselor or she was leaving with our daughter. We went and saw a guy who worked with his partner, operating an alternative health clinic. I wondered out loud what could he possibly offer me that all the health professionals could not?  He had recently returned from North America and showed me a pair of magnetic insoles called Magsteps. He explained they were from a giant Japanese company called Nikken and could possibly help me get more energy in my day.  Given my health situation at that time I was willing to try anything, so with guarded skepticism, I followed his instructions and borrowed a pair. I wore them daily, and after around three weeks, on the first day of January 2000, without telling anyone, I threw away all my medications. Now that on it's own is not remarkable, because I had done that before, and usually within three or four days my old unpleasant self would return and I'd be right back where I began. What really caught my attention this time was the fact that it didn't happen!! I waited and waited and nothing. No withdrawals from either drug!! (Earlier, when I changed medications it required at least a week off work to wean me) I was really excited and could hardly contain myself.

I began taking them from my shoes and sleeping on them under my lower back or under my head, and after several more weeks, for the first time since I could remember, I slept one whole night, drug free, all by myself, without any nightmares. Over the following weeks the nightmares became less and less frequent, to a point where I was really sleeping. In March 2000 my wife, who is a registered nurse, asked me if I needed another prescription filled, as I should have been getting low. I told her I had stopped taking the drugs and she was amazed when I said it was since January 1st. By using these products I have regained control of myself, my quality of  life and that of my family has improved dramatically and when Nikken came to Australian shores in November of 2000 we were compelled to join many thousands of others in sharing these technologies & this opportunity. We now use many products in our daily lives and have achieved a more balanced, relaxed lifestyle. I still have the odd bad day, but our marriage has gone from strength to strength, and I have returned to work educating and training other police. Nikken truly is an amazing alternative with nothing for you to lose, except maybe what's bothering you! It certainly gave me back my life!! Feel free to contact me by e-mail me should you require more information about this type of condition and never be afraid to try something new.
Brad Greenland
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: lisa@lp-networks.com
I was diagnosed 12 months after a 2nd car accident with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was unable to sleep without medication, which made me feel like a zombie. I have not had to take a sleeping pill since my 1st night on the sleep system. My anxiety & depression have lifted dramatically now that I'm sleeping remarkably well and feeling more energy and less achyness upon waking.
Lisa Dearden
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have heard from two people that when they felt an anxiety attack coming on, they wrapped up in the FIR Comforter and the feeling passed. The first woman was told to do this - the second gentlemen knew nothing about FIR - it was just intuitive.
Diane
------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment